Thursday, October 25, 2012

Why can't we be friends?

Sleep we used to be friends. I don't know what I have done to upset you but frankly I am sick of flirting with your cousin 2:00 am and then battling with your friend 3:00 am. Sleep, I want to hang out with YOU. Sleep, why can't we be friends?

Up until about 2 months ago sleep and I were tight. I mean real tight. I have never (even in college)been one to stay up late. I would put the kids to bed and then hop into my own. Usually succumbing to my ex-friend around 9:00 pm and slumber all night long until the alarm went off.

Now, I am dead tired at 8, put the girls to bed and then WHAM, I am wide awake until oh, MIDNIGHT. If I do fall asleep before midnight I will often wake up around 2 and seem to only fall back asleep a mere hour before my alarm goes off.

So what is a girl to do?? Fake a good nights sleep. Here's how:

1. Blush - Peach cream blush beats pink for a quick pick-me-up. Peach tones brighten skin and takes the focus away from dark under eye rings. Cream blushes work wonders, they give a slight dewy look and make skin appear more supple.

2. Don't go dark. If you normally apply dark shadow or liner to your eye, you may want to consider a change. Stick with light, shimmery shades, especially to the inner corners of your eyes. This will bring light to your eye and give you a bright boost.

3. DO NOT underestimate the power of a lash curler. I always scoffed at a lash curler. I never really thought I had long enough lashes to curl. But it was recommended to me to open up the eye and by golly I think it works.

Alright it is 10:58 pm. I am shutting down, let's see what the night brings me.

…C

No comments:

Post a Comment