Saturday, December 29, 2012

Splurge or Save

I had a friend over for some cocktails, before she came I had to run to the store to pick up a few things~namely the cocktails.
Normally I drink Michelob Ultra because I enjoy the taste and it is light on calories. If I do splurge, it is usually with Blue Moon. However, as I was in Trader Joe's perusing the beer aisle deciding if I wanted to splurge or save on my calorie consumption I saw this can that drew my eye. I looked a little closer and saw that it is brewed by Butternuts Beer and Ale in Garrattsville, NY.
How could I resist? From the name, Porkslap Pale Ale, to the can, to the fact that it is brewed in the USA, New York actually!
I went for the splurge. It is not a wheat ale like Blue Moon, it is a bit darker than what I am used to, however it was pretty darn good. I would buy again.


Check- for my buying American products challenge.

…C

No comments:

Post a Comment