Sunday, December 30, 2012

Sunday Spa Day - Face

After a long week of work (although I technically did not work this week, this week was a lot of work) and a long weekend of chores, I decided Sunday was the perfect day to indulge myself in some at home spa treatments. So each Sunday I will feature an at-home treatment to get you ready for another week ahead.
If you look at many commercial skin care bottles you will see they tout the word oatmeal on the label. Oatmeal has many benefits aside from a warm winter breakfast. Oatmeal is actually really good for your skin. It acts as a gentle exfoliator, gives moisture to dry skin, and smooths and softens. Combine oatmeal with yogurt and honey and you have yourself an at home mask that smells as good as it leaves your skin feeling.
Here is what I did:
Went to the kitchen to get ingredients for this Oatmeal-Honey-Yogurt mask

Put about 3 tbsp oatmeal into the blender and mix until it becomes a course powder (you can see the before and after pictures)


 
I put the oatmeal into a bowl and added 1/4 cup plain non-fat yogurt and 1 tbsp honey. Mixed until all the oatmeal is completely moistened.
 

 
I spread it completely over my face and let it stand for 5-10 minutes. Wash off with warm water, followed by a cool splash and then finish with my normal moisturizer.
 
…C


1 comment: